Honesty and trust are key to the ongoing success of the Cash Crusaders brand. We are 100% committed to playing our part in creating a safer future for all South Africans and take a firm stand against crime.
We have pioneered the proactive involvement of the secondhand goods industry in assisting the police to develop laws that govern the industry and protect consumers. In addition, should any of our franchisees or employees be in any way connected with dealing in stolen goods the relationship will be instantly terminated.
Our stores and records are open to full inspection at anytime and there is a time-lag of seven days before anything we purchase goes on sale. If you have had goods stolen please fill out the form below. We will alert all Cash Crusaders stores in your area to look out for and report any similar items that are brought into our buy shops.
Checks and Balances
- All sellers must be over 21-years, or if under 21, goods must be age appropriate with a written, verifiable consent to sell.
- Positive identification: an identity document, driver's license or South African passport.
- Proof of residential address and contact numbers.
The staff in our buy shops are trained to be observant and alert the police of any suspicious behaviour. Things they look out for:
- Do the age of the person and the product match?
- Does the person look like they would have personally bought the item?
- Does the person seem nervous?
- Are they able to make eye contact?
- Is it likely that they are the owner of the item?